Mission and Vision
At the Haven, our mission is to help Central Oregon become the first metro area in the country to reach gender parity in entrepreneurship, business, and politics, with a focus on womxn of color.
We envision a workplace where every person feels seen and included, where all people can operate as their best and whole self, and where individuals and companies are better because the people around them are diverse and thriving.
We are looking for someone with a high level of consciousness and well-developed communication skills to navigate customer interactions with efficiency, authenticity and care for the members /guest’s experience and the mission of The Haven.
This position is part-time, approximately 16.5 hours a week. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 1:00 pm - 6:30 pm. Occasional nights and weekends are required. Additional hours will be available to support meetings and events outside of business hours.
This position is responsible for running the front desk. You will need to have exceptional customer service, ability to multitask, sales mindedness, be very organized, task-oriented, punctual, calm under pressure, and have CRM software experience or ability to learn. High level of comfort with technology with the willingness and ability to learn new systems.
This position will set the tone for the experience that our members and guests have at The Haven. We would like to find a team member that truly believes in the mission of The Haven and wants to be a part of our success story. We have big visions and want someone who is ready to lean in and see the long term reward of being a part of our team.
- Will mostly have a set schedule but will need some flexibility
- Reports to Executive Director
- Works with Director of Member Experience
- Must have or obtain OLCC servers permit + ODH Food Handlers (The Haven will pay for these permits)
- Must be proficient in Google Suite, Excel, WORD or comparable software
- Bonus if you have some knowledge of design, Canva, etc.
- Learn how to run the front desk: Make coffee, check-in members, dishes, bathroom checks, A/V hookups, cleaning counters, making signs, emailing, etc..
- Learn Nexudus, our member and management software
- Learn Trello, Slack, Salto, MailChimp, YAMM
Ongoing Responsibilities as a Receptionist
- Making every person walking through the door feel seen and welcomed! Ideally, you’ll learn names and companies and what people are working on and care about.
- Checking room reservations; water set up, cleaning between meetings, etc..
- Returning front desk/info emails
- Making weekly signage + as needed
- Giving tours with the goal of converting to membership in mind
- Gently selling The Haven to all guests (memberships + room bookings)
- Pouring alcoholic beverages in the afternoons
- Checking bathrooms, including toilets, paper products, sinks, (occasionally plunging clogged toilets!)
- Touch up vacuuming, spot mopping when needed
- Walking The Haven with a critical eye, looking at the floors, the plants, the chairs, the surfaces. Taking care of whatever needs there are.
- Taking care of The Haven and communicating with other staff about needs
- Restocking snacks + managing inventory/ordering
- Checking the mail, sorting, emailing.
- Checking off daily To-Do lists for opening/mid shift/closing duties
- Onboarding new members: apps, Salto, wifi,
- Teaching members how to use the portal + app
- Hooking new members up to the printers
- Special projects based on individual skills and interest
- This is a part-time hourly employee role
- Physical Requirements of the role include standing, sitting, using stairs, and occasionally lifting up to 50lbs
- Language requirements: English-speaking; Bilingual Spanish-speaker preferred
- The Haven is not a fully independently accessible space. Several rooms require navigating 3 stairs. We have a wheelchair ramp, but it requires assistance to use. There is an elevator to the 2nd floor, but if the elevator is not working, employees need to be able to navigate ~20 stairs to reach The Haven
- The Haven is not a fragrance-free space
- Starting wage: $15 per hour, with an increase to $18 after 3 months of meeting expectations
- Bilingual candidates will be eligible for a higher starting wage
- We are a startup and do not currently offer health benefits
- Includes a full-time FLEX membership and Unlimited Wellness membership (free yoga, pilates, barre, meditation, etc.)
- We comply with the Oregon sick leave law
- We are looking for someone with the desire to advance with the company as it grows. This position would be great for someone looking to build a career in hospitality, hotel management, events management or restaurant management
We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Rose Archer, Executive Director email@example.com