Haven Events & Front Desk Coordinator
Mission and Vision
Uniqueness is powerful. Inclusivity is our future. BE PART OF IT.
Here at The Haven we strive to be welcoming in all we do. One of our core values is inclusivity and The Haven seeks to be a safe space where community supports social and economic equity and freedom of self can flourish.
The Haven is committed to inclusion and recognizes members of all races, ages, cultures, abilities, ethnicities or nationalities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, marital statuses, religious affiliations, and socioeconomic statuses.
As a part of our commitment to developing and sustaining a vibrant diverse community, we strive to create an environment of inclusivity through these principles:
- We respect and affirm the dignity of each member of our community.
- We are committed to providing and promoting a harassment bias-free environment by addressing issues of equity and justice in our community through our events, community outreach, and all interactions with members and guests.
- We are committed to the ongoing education of our staff and members, as a part of the process of developing and maintaining a community that provides an affirming coworking environment for all.
- We will continually challenge ourselves, and others, in an environment of mutual concern and respect for the free expression of all individuals.
Role & Skills
This position’s primary function is to manage Haven Events & work at the Front Desk. You will be responsible for setting the tone of the experience that our members and guests have, as well as creating an inclusive and welcoming community.
Front Desk Required Skills:
- Experience with customer service & strong communication skills
- Ability to operate the front of the house and support cleaning routines
- Ability to handle and prioritize many tasks
Events Required Skills:
- Experience in small to large event planning, management and growth
- Onsite execution of all events from start to finish and maintenance of the space
- Maintain event supply inventory
- Maximize events & meeting room bookings
- Attend & schedule networking events to increase exposure and revenue
- Ensure excellent customer & member experience
- High level of organization & task oriented
- Able to follow a project through to completion
- Self-starter, initiator, able to self manage
- Experience with technology, (AV equipment & software programs)
- Experience with marketing & sales (tours, membership and event sales)
- Ability to obtain OLCC servers + ODH food handlers permits (The Haven will pay for these permits)
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Google Sheets, Google Docs), Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word), or comparable software
Compensation & Logistics:
This position can be either part-time OR full-time. Full-time would be approximately 35-40 hours a week. Additional hours will be necessary to support night and weekend events and meetings.
- Reports to Executive Director of Haven
- Salary $19-21/hr (commensurate with experience)
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply (Spanish preferred)
- Health benefit eligible after 6 months of employment
- Includes a full-time FLEX membership ($370 value) https://worklifehaven.com/pages/full-timeflex
- We comply with the Oregon sick leave law
- The Haven is not a fully independently accessible space. Several rooms require navigating 3 stairs. There is an elevator to the 2nd floor.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. The Haven acknowledges that institutions have perpetuated systems of racism and oppression that have compounding impacts on people’s ability to thrive. We know these systems of oppression present challenges for women, people of color, LGTBQ+ folks, people who have a disability, and people from other historically marginalized communities in relation to employment. We encourage applications within these communities.
If this page is up, we are still accepting applications and actively looking for a great fit!
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to:
Tiffany White, Executive Director